Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My x sister in law received temp guardianship back in may…

Customer Question
My x sister in...

My x sister in law received temp guardianship back in may because I was living badly, however I have been in a program called family treatment court since October. I have not had any contact with my children since October so they have no way of knowing how good I am doing, and all my x sister in law can say is they don't want any contact with me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No the same judge that is my family treatment court judge is the judge overseeing the guardianship

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I also have a 5 month old in state custody, and I am getting ready to do overnights with him I work very closely with childrens division and they have even contacted her about visitation even sibling visitation, and nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically can I help you with?

I need to know if there is any way I can petition the court to make her give me visitation, even in the therapists office? Also when we go back to court to terminate this guardianship what are some things I can show to the judge to show the best interest of the child?