Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a married women with 3 Children. I emigrated to USA…

Customer Question
I am a married...

I am a married women with 3 Children. I emigrated to USA several years ago with my children. My husband stayed back in Jordan. A year ago, I heard from friends that he has married another women. My children and I tried several times over the past two years to contact him by phone, he does not answer. I need to start the divorce procedure and need your help, thanksWe have lost contact w

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Jordanian family court?

No, I don't know how

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are Christians and my husband has change his religion to marry a Muslim women. I have several witnesses and photos to document his marriage

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. What state are you in please?
Michigan
Hello
are you going to answer me, please
I have three young children, work at Tim Horton and don't have money for calls.

That is an autogenerated phone call request; please ignore that as I don't participate in that program.

A party wishing a divorce may file a petition, and those forms and instructions are here

The petitioner must serve the other party; however if that party cannot be located the petitioner may seek an order for service by publication (newspaper) after filing a due diligence affidavit (attempts to locate/serve respondent). At that point the court may proceed and issue a default judgment, granting the requested relief.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.