Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I filed an injunction on someone for stalking 3 days later…

Customer Question
I filed an injunction...

I filed an injunction on someone for stalking 3 days later the person filed an injunction on me for stalking even though i never committed stalking so both injunction stood on as a temporary till 6 months the person didnt have any evidence to prove anything but i did how do i get that injunction dropped ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Filed the injunction against stalking than 3 days later the person did the same thing filed an injunction for stalking but didnt have any evidence to prove that matter because i never committed the act of stalking

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the injunction still set as temporary how do i get the injunction dropped since the person didnt have evidence and i proved i didnt committ stalking

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question earlier this evening.

I'm attorney Bill following up on your question.

If a restraining order is temporarily ordered then you can file a motion with the court for termination of the order/ relief from a restraining order .

The court must terminate the current order where there is no finding against you that you are a danger to the plaintiff.

You file the motion with the same court that made the order.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is what gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill