Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Husband left myself and 3 children. is he responsibile for…

Customer Question
Husband left myself and...

Husband left myself and 3 children. is he responsibile for housing, food and clothing. Is the father responsible to put gas in car for school,etc and what if the old car breaks down. also school supplies and doctor appointments

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

No, I filed a paper disallowing him to come into our house. we do not know where he is

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has blocked me from his iphone.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

He is primarily responsible for child support. He is also responsible for certain spousal maintenance and possible alimony. Ideally you need to hire a lawyer but to at least get the child support process started contact this state agency first. https://childsupport.georgia.gov/. They have resources to help track individuals down.