Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
Can you get married online n its legal. Im in us he is in
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
im in us he is in Nigeria but was here on visa and just left he will return but we just want to do now … read more
I was married by proxy in Montana while stationed overseas.
Sean K
Sean K, Attorney/Member
I was married by proxy in Montana while stationed overseas. I am looking to divorce but currently reside in California with my spouse. We are both military. Would we have to go to Montana to get divor… read more
I want a marriage license, but my fiance is out of the
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I want a marriage license, but my fiance is out of the country … read more
My fiance is in Kaufman county jail awaiting trial and
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Juris Doctorate
My fiance is in Kaufman county jail awaiting trial and sentencing. We want to get married. Can we do it while he's incarcerated there? He has the civil right to be married, doesn't he? … read more
I divorce my husband when he was arrested for fear of law
Ray, Lawyer
I divorce my husband when he was arrested for fear of law suits taking all of our (my) money. After four years, we feel that threat has passed and, for the sake of my receiving his pensions after his … read more
What is the procedure if i want to marry someone that is a
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
What is the procedure if i want to marry someone that is a citizen of Jamaica and i am a US citizen? we will live in the US. What kind of documents will we need to get married? Will it be easier to ma… read more
I was looking on how to get married over the internet to
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I was looking on how to get married over the internet to somebody in another country … read more
Can a person marry someone in Africa from California?
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Can one person get married to somebody in Africa from California? Just checking things out before I get an attorney or do I need one for this? I met him online and we fell in love. We want to get marr… read more
I want to obtain a marriage license in New Mexico but my
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
I want to obtain a marriage license in New Mexico but my fiance is currently incarcerated. How do I ask the District Judge to authorize the license to me? I do not have an official photo ID only his b… read more
My fiance lives in Georgia (the country not the state), we
Roger, Litigation Attorney
My fiance lives in Georgia (the country not the state), we want to get married via proxy and I am wondering if I need to be a resident of Texas in order to do that?… read more
Can I marry my fiancee by proxy if I am in Australia and he
Sam, Attorney
Can I marry my fiancee by proxy if I am in Australia and he is a veteran in texas usa? … read more
I'm hoping to get married. Being military, that's a little
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
I'm hoping to get married. Being military, that's a little more complicated when we're told to move. I just got stationed in Japan and my significant other lives in the USA. Is there anyway we could f… read more
I am trying to get an annulment in my recent marriage. We
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I am trying to get an annulment in my recent marriage. We were married in just and I divorced from my previous wife in May. We got married by proxy in Montana. I am military stationed overseas soon re… read more
My wife and I are both in the military and currently stationed
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
My wife and I are both in the military and currently stationed in Germany. We had a dual proxy marriage in montana and have now come to a decision that we no longer want to be married. How do we go ab… read more
As it pertains to US Immigration, what is the legal definition
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
As it pertains to US Immigration, what is the legal definition of marriage (qualifying someone as spouse)? - my husband is incarcerated. We were originally married by proxy then remarried by ordained … read more
Hi. What do I need to obtain a marriage license in Maryland
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
Hi. What do I need to obtain a marriage license in Maryland for me and my foreign-born fiance? She is here on a J1 visa.… read more
I have a marriage by proxy question please. If my fiance lives
Sam, Attorney
I have a marriage by proxy question please. If my fiance lives in California, and I live in London and have found a "current on the bench Judge" here who will marry the two of us once proof of his Cai… read more
im in the military and got an double proxy marriage less then
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
i'm in the military and got an double proxy marriage less then an year ago me and my wife have never lived together because she is stuck in england and i was wondering if i can get an annulment… read more