Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I left my husband 8 months ago because of his alcohol use…

I left my husband...

I left my husband 8 months ago because of his alcohol use and both my parents past away 12 days apart he became sucidal and we have 3 kids nither one of us filed for separation or divorce he has now ended up on ICU and his girlfriend had made it to were I can’t get information I believe I would still be next to kin he did say under a lot of medication that he would like me to go but then he fell so ill he could make any of those Decisions he is on my medical plan when places in ICU he was already Hallucinating please any help would be great

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

He is going through a medical detox please help
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to file emergency Motion with the Court at the Superior Court in the County where the hospital is located to ask the Court to order the hospital to allow you access to his information because you are his wife. That you are neither legally separated nor divorced and you have two children together. However, before you do this, you should contact the Patients Advocate Department of the hospital for assistance. Unless he appointed the girlfriend as his Health Care Proxy, the girlfriend has no legal authority to ask the hospital staff to keep his information from you.

You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law