Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I FILED FOR LEGAL SEPERATION 3/2017 HUSBAND NEVER RESPONDED…

I FILED FOR LEGAL SEPERATION...
I FILED FOR LEGAL SEPERATION 3/2017 HUSBAND NEVER RESPONDED I THOUGHT THERE WAS HOPE, BUT I GUESS NOT ARE WE LEGALLY SEPERATED SINCE HE DID NOT RESPOND
3/21/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

A judgment of legal separation requires the consent of both parties. You are separated for purposes of calculating community property and spousal support. But, there is no final disposition of your case, unless you amend your petition to a marital dissolution, and then proceed by default to dissolve your marriage.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
I DID GET A ORDER FOR SPOUSAL SUPORT WICH HE HAS BEEN PAYING BUT NEVER FILED FINANCIAL NOW HES TELLING ME THAT HE WONT BE ABLE TO IN FUTURE
IM SO CONFUSED I ALLOWED HIM A YEAR TO LOWER HIS INCOME HES A DOCTOR AND DOENT GET PAID I GUESS I NEED A LAWYER TO BACK ME SINCE I DONT HAVE A BACKBONE AND TRUST WHAT HES] SAYS ,. I JUST HAD HOPE AND AM DUMB FOR BELIEVING HIM

I could send you an offer of direct correspondence, if you're looking for a lawyer to help you finalize your marital dissolution. However, I charge customary rates, so if you're looking for super-inexpensive legal assistance, I regret that I won't be able to assist. Please let me know if you're interested. If not, I understand entirely.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

5 stars

Thanks for your rating and for using Justanswer!