Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do two parties have to be involved in order to get a court…

Do two parties have to...
Do two parties have to be involved in order to get a court order issued? I do not want my daughter on TRICARE health insurance which her step mother maintains. The courts dont have jurisdiction to force her to disenroll her; however, I have final legal decision making. Can I get an order from the court directing TRICARE to disenroll my daughter without involving the step mother at all?
3/20/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No you would need to serve them with your motion here.Due process requires them to be noticed and you to send it prior to hearing.They have right to respond and appear at hearing.No way around this under the rules of procedure and due process/Please don't shoot the messenger just being honest with you.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is always much appreciated.Good luck to you here in court.

even though I have legal decision making, I have to serve the step mother because shes the sponsor? I want an order to TRICARE saying they need to remove her...

You have to serve them, thats correct here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer