Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Need help evicting my daughter's boyfriend from my house. He…

Hello, need help evicting...

Hello, need help evicting my daughter's boyfriend from my house. He already left the house today and left the keys and took he's personal things, but the police says that he can come back to the house whenever he wants and he is very aggressive and I fear for me my grandkids.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Don't know really what to do. I'm at work now and this happened today and he is always treating my daughter and also he has a two month old baby with my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need guidance and help to evict him and also put a retraining order for him not come near me

3/20/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Has he threatened to harm you or physically assaulted or touched you?

.

Have you given him any written notice to vacate?

.

When he left the keys, did he say he won't be coming back?

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
to all the above. He is very aggressive and has threatened me and my daughter.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Ok, then you need to go and file a criminal complaint for assault, harassment and anything else the police can think of. Then you can file for a restraining order to prevent him from returning.

.

And if he left and left the keys, I would immediately change the locks as that is evidence that he has voluntarily vacated the premises.

.

Further, I would prepare a written 15 day notice to vacate and have it delivered to him if you know where he is. Then after that, you could file a formal eviction action if he tried to return and you didn't have a restraining order..

.

.

thanks