Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is there anything I can do about ineffective counsel in a…

Is there anything I can...
Is there anything I can do about ineffective counsel in a civil case? My lawyer had everything she needed to help me and instead made everything 20 times easier for the father.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

File complaint here with the state, lawyer can be sanctioned, including disbarment.

https://www.kybar.org/page/obctips

You can also sue him for legal malpractice.

Malpractice lawyer for you to sue here

Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service
600 West Main Street
Louisville, KY###-##-####br />Monday - Friday 8:30 AM-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:30 p.m.(###) ###-####/p>

The Louisville Bar Association sponsors the Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service (KLRS). The service helps the pubic find a local attorney with experience handling a specific type of legal problem. The service can refer you to a qualified attorney across a wide range of practice areas including family law, divorce, bankruptcy, employment law, real estate law and worker's compensation.

The Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service, in Louisville, KY, makes referrals throughout the following counties in Kentucky: Breckenridge, Bullitt, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Larue, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble. The Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service also services the following counties in Indiana: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Jefferson, Scott and Washington.

When you call the service, a trained staff person with the service will ask you a series of questions to determine the type of attorney needed. When appropriate, you will be referred to an attorney with experience in the needed practice area. The attorneys that participate in the program agree to provide a free 30 minute consultation. During the consultation, you can discuss the legal problem and the attorney fees necessary for additional representation.

Northern Kentucky Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.nkybar.com/includes/referral.aspx
529 Centre View Boulevard
Crestview Hills, KY 41017(###) ###-####/p>

The Northern Kentucky Bar Association maintains a Lawyer Referral Service (LRS). The LRS helps individuals and businesses find an attorney throughout the following counties in Northern Kentucky: Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Owen, and Pendleton.

Attorneys in the program are screened for their qualifications and experience. In order to serve the public better, the Northern Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service has established experience requirements for some practice areas that are considered more complex. You can use the online Public Referral Form to enter information about your case and receive the referral to a local attorney.

Attorneys that participate in the Lawyer Referral Service are pre-screened and placed on different panels depending on their qualification and experience. The Lawyer Referral Service has more than 25 main practice areas with additional subcategories under many of the main practice area.

I am so sorry that this happened.I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate5 stars at top of page it is always much appreciated,

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer