Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Going through a divorce and my wife who owns 51% of a retail…

Customer Question
Going through a divorce...

Going through a divorce and my wife who owns 51% of a retail business has run off after leaving behind over $100,000 in tax debt and $19,000 in vendor and equipment debt. She has also taken a truck valued st $11,000 and put in hiding. I the husband have been abandoned by her for almost 10 months now. I have been paying all the bills for our household and sone of the bills for the business that she has purposely ran into the ground under the guidance or coordination if a individual who has possible adulterous ties to my wife. This has been a well thought out plan by these two and now I am left here holding the bag for all her wrong doings. What can I do to protect myself from the IRS and other lawsuits from vendors and banks that she has fraudulently taken money from?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have been working with a tax law firm to reduce the federal tax and put it on a payment plan and the state of Kansas sent me a retail tax bill for $51,000 two weeks ago stating it was to be paid within 30 days. There are many other issues she has created amongst our banks and creditors not to mention the property we borrowed money ob last year is now in jeopardy of being taken.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There’s is absolute proof if colussion and conspiracy against her and two other gentleman. I have a contract that is completely bogus and they know it and now they are trying to get us out if the property that I built 5 years ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Family Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Please allow me a few minutes to consider your question. If I can assist I will provide an answer. Otherwise, I will reopen the question for others to assist.
Thanks for using Justanswer!

I’m screwed in other words?
Thus might just be out of any reach for this type of method
Family Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. You say you are in the middle of a divorce. Have you brought this to the attention of the court or judge? This sounds like you need a court order regarding the responsibility of this debt?