Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm having problem with one of the question, When the oldest…

Customer Question
I'm having problem with...

I'm having problem with one of the question

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

When the oldest child turned 18 or graduate high school what amount of support should he get pay

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Family Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok but every amount I put it won't take it

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/20/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

It depends on the what exactly your child support order states.

In most cases, child support stops when the child turns 18 OR finishes high school (in which case child support can be extended until age 19).

Unless your child support order specifically states otherwise, your child support obligation should end at that point.

Meaning that you would pay zero child support from then on.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm having problem with the amount it won't take any amount I put so it won't let me finish the application
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Are you referring to the child support payments?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay thanks, ***** ***** referring to payment/ application to the JustAnswer site?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

You can speak with customer support if you are having any issues, here's the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

In the meantime, please take a moment to leave a positive rating for me, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just pracese my divorce which the question I already answer...cause I still can't get it go if it's not possible to do that please close my case and refund me back...thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have patient I been trying to answer that question since 3 in the morning
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Billing is handled through customer support at the link I sent you above.

Just to clarify, are you stating that you did not receive my answer?

I'll re-send it to you now.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I hope that helps!

20 Mar 2018, 8:28 AM

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hmmmm how long it will take to my divorce to be final
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

It depends on your particular situation, the division of assets, the division of debts, whether you and your former spouse are in agreement or have disputes over that division, etc.

An uncontested divorce with an already agreed upon division of assets, can be completed within a matter of weeks, whereas a divorce where there is a dispute over assets can span months or even years. So again, it really depends on your situation.

Please take a moment to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your questions, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so what my next step
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Your initial question was with regards ***** ***** child support ends.

If you'd like to continue to discussing all the steps in your divorce process, then a phone call would be the appropriate forum for us to do so.

I've sent you the link above to initiate the call.

I'm available and would be happy to speak with you about this further.

Please take a moment to leave a positive rating for me, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Would you like to proceed with the call?

If not, please kindly take a moment to rate our original question above in reference to the child support matter. 5 stars are always appreciated!

Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones