Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Son and daughter in law ugly divorce. Daughter 12 competing…

Son and daughter in...

Son and daughter in law ugly divorce. Daughter 12 competing at state level over a year equestrian. We have paid everything about 30,000 a year Mom dose not even attend most of shows. Mom now says we pay her expenses too or daughter can’t compete. Is this blackmail

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes both filed first court date this week on Thursday horses stall and our hotel paid. Mom has been abusive. Spends hundreds on sunglasses etc. this is her controlling which she loves. Dad fully supports as does dr. Daughter was so stressed by mom pulling out toenails

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this blackmail. Can I sue or press charges

3/20/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If there is an agreement or order on support the parent should be reminded of those terms. Efforts to get more would be a violation and can be rejected.It is not appropriate for a police report but can be denied on basis I mentioned.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
No formal agreement. She has shown up at shows and collected the ribbons posted how proud on Facebook attended year end banquet. Never paid a dime just wants to hurt everyone now
Can’t talk right now
If parties cannot agree then need court order by motion. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. It is a civil matter and should be resolved between them or decided by the court.if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Going to court this week
Best of luck!! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
5 stars