Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have full physical sole custody of my child. Her father us…

I have full physical...

I have full physical sole custody of my child. Her father us non custodial and has only joint legal. He checked our child out of school today without my knowlegde or discussing it with me. He took her to the dentist and will not give me info about where he took her or how the appointment went

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not yet. I printed out texts showing im trying to get the info and im waiting for a call back from the police dept. His weekdays are on wednesdays. I was also granted final descion making on all legal things. On feb 14.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter also showed me a text from her father telling her that he hasnt told me about the appt cause "the courts told him not to" which i find highly unlikely since i was granted final desvision making. Hes holding important medical info from me

3/20/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could file motion for contempt here and show cause since it appears he violated the custody/visitation orders.The court can hold him in contempt and jail and fines here.I would hope the court would find this extremely disturbing and beyond his rights under the law. You have right to seek contempt and bring this to court.This is something that the court will deal with. I hope you will do so.He doesn't get it to me what the orders state or he is ignoring them.Either way you may need to go back here and let court deal with him.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Sorry this happened to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

You can file here yourself pro se if you have too

https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/family/enforcement/

LAw, forms, self help to do that.Prayers to you here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer