Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My granddaughter was given sole custody of her son last

Customer Question
My granddaughter was given...

My granddaughter was given sole custody of her son last fall. Her mother had made all kinds of accuations

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Sorry I didn't finish This all went through DCF and my great grandson was taken away. M wife and I through court were finally ale to become the temporary foster parents until this all played out she was awarded full custody last fall Her mother was the one making all these charges which proved false but Kayla had lost her son for a year. Kalas attorney recommended that the boy to save further court be allowed 4 hour visits every other Saturday. We were the go between due to bad feelings but the child had to have surgery due to the grandma opening a cyst he had since birth. He has come back with very strange sexual behavior , has fits about going , has nightmares ,dirties his pants, anger issues , and a list of other things. St Francis had us get him to a therapist and the therapist is telling us to not send him back to the grandmother but she has filed papers that she isn't getting visitation. The petitioner is the father and next friend,and then the fathers name again but all the rest of the allegations has nothing to do with the father only the grandmother The grandmother is not a good person. She had her own children taken away for 5 years and I was the one who had to put her in prison. who is next friend and where does she stand against a theropists recommendations. My great grandson is only 3 thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think I have probably already made their head spin

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If a Therapist has recommended that your granddaughter not send your great grandson back to her mother, then she should comply especially with the mother's history. The Therapist's recommendations of course supersedes the "next friend's" opinion. The bot***** *****ne is that your granddaughter should make sure to attend the hearing on the contempt and tell the Court why she has decided not to send the child back to her mother, just like you did here. She also needs to get an Affidavit if possible from the Therapist detailing the child's odd behavior after visiting his grandmother.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.