Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question regarding court orders and visitations. I…

Customer Question
Good afternoon, I have...

Good afternoon, I have a question regarding court orders and visitations

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes I have filed a motion to hold in content to court however the visitation is suppose to happen this weekend

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in the state of Florida, The court order and jurisdiction lies in Nevada and the child resides in California

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Here are the corresponding that I have been having with my ex-wife's lawyer. Can you please advise me what I can do from here. I feel like all the facts are not being considered.
Motion and notice of motion.
Case details
This is the court order stating I can have visitations with my daughter "unless otherwise agreed" as specified in page 2 of 6.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Having reviewed the original order it appears you are correct that your visitation for March should be at least from 3/25 to 3/31, but other then filing the motion there is nothing that can be done now, unfortunately. If she does not comply with the order, and the matter is not addressed with the court before the visitation is scheduled to begin, then address it when you have the contempt hearing. It is frustrating when one party does not comply with the court orders, but you cannot control what they do, just how you respond and what you do. You should stay the course, her non compliance puts her in jeopardy of adverse orders being entered against her.

To domesticate the order in California per the court's suggestion you have to complete forms

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ej105.pdf

and

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ej110.pdf

An Application for Entry of Judgment form (EJ-105) and Notice of Entry of Judgment form (EJ-110) are filed with the Superior Court in the county where the plaintiff resides. The Application for Entry of Judgment requires that a certified copy of the sister state judgment be attached to the application as an exhibit. The form also requires that the plaintiff's last known residential address, or place of incorporation or principal place of business be provided.

I am sorry that you are going through this. Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so is the only way experts are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.