Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a judge not give custody of a child because someone lost…

Customer Question
Can a judge not...

Can a judge not give custody of a child because someone lost a child and grandson and was on lexapro 0.5 for 3 years without being avaluated

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes my daughter has been going through this

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Tennessee

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The court looks at whether or not the person is mentally stable enough or not as to whether or not they will grant custody. It is not that they lost a child or grandchild or are on lexipro, it is going to depend on a current psychological evaluation of the person as to whether or not they will be safe to have the child around them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I was charged 5 dollars then 35 dollars from my card

Thank you for your reply.

I am not a site employee, I have no clue what the site charges people, but you need to read the terms of payment you agreed upon when you posted your question and you can contact customer service at***@******.***