Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Divorced wife of 8 months refuses to sign flood insurance…

Customer Question
Divorced wife of 8...

Divorced wife of 8 months refuses to sign flood insurance for 5 months, significantly delaying repair of home, divorce signed in July 2017, flood occurred Labor Day weekend from Hurricane Harvey in Houston. How can I force her to sign?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the wife taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, it seems to be a passive aggressive attitude, she lives in an apartment now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a TX lawyer about this?

No but I have and he has tried to persuade her w/o threating but no success. She suffers from Bi-Polar disorder which is the root cause of our divorce, it's been a problem for about 25 years,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are no minor children, I have been retired for about 18 months after practicing Pediatrics for 44 years.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 4 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did family court award the property subject to the insurance claim to one of the spouses?

Was insurance check issued in both ex-spouses names?

Please provide me with more details, so I can better understand the situation related to your question.