Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My question involves a marriage in the state of:

Massachusettssome background I live in...
My question involves a marriage in the state of: Massachusettssome background I live in Mass. Filed for divorce in May 17. Wife accusing me of hiding assets. Wife quit her 85 k job voluntarily due to stress. Told the court I forced her to quit. I continue to work and pay for everything including mortgage. Last court session judge said “BUY HER OUT GET HER OUT!” I have refinanced and should be closing next month. Wife has made no effort to leave or find a place to live. I have now had my attorney file a motion for her to vacate. The living situation has become intolerable. Hearing is next month. She wants to sit around till divorce is final and I know she will want me to open our deck and swimming pool for her to sit around all summer.I am planning on having the buyout check for half her share of the marital home in hand the day of the hearing.How likely do you think the judge will order her to vacate if I have done everything in the way of buying her out and giving her a huge check. Wife is telling her attorney she will not waste money on rent and she is going to tell the judge that?????
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also in an effort to stay she is waiving her right to alimony. Her lawyer has threatened to fire her twice now
3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Once you buy her out and pay her off for the property, then the court will issue an order giving her 30 days to vacate the premises.

Of course she will want to sit around, it sounds from your description she possibly has some mental health issues and you may want to consider a motion for a mental health examination. However, once you pay to buy her out, the court will order her to vacate AND there is nothing in the law mandating you open the pool for her to use. Once the court issues the order to vacate, if she still refuses, they will send law enforcement there to forcibly remove her from the premises.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your prompt response. Appreciate it! Great information

Thank you for your reply.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer