Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Cps wrongfully took my kids and violated our rights. Now…

Customer Question
Cps wrongfully took my...

Cps wrongfully took my kids and violated our rights. Now they have custody and my kids are in a group home. Can I file A emergency order for them to return custody?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I thought I was doing the right thing by cooperation with them but it's now been over a month an

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They didn't follow procedure for removal or investigation

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Would recommend using local counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
But how fast can I get a emergency hearing?
Normally a few days. Counsel locally can help expedite.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I cant afford counsel what form am I looking for
The court clerk can help you with the notice of motion and affidavit.
How do I figure out who that is who do I call what is the motion called
Motion or petition for return of the children. You would contact family court clerk locally.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok well already tried that doesn't help thanks anyways
You welcome.