Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in a shelter and was going to a donation center for…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a shelter and was going to a donation center for my children now TX has a warrant and are trying to tak my children away and charge me with stealing

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

I don’t know?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this yet?

I just found out today and don’t know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m worried and scared

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What are you charged with having stolen? Do you have prior criminal convictions?

I haven't been charged with anything. what has happened is CYFD my four year old boy and his father that I no longer with in the shelter that used to stay at. CYFD says that they need to speak with him about a few things with the kids regarding the kids. When they come to the shelter to meet up with him they say that there are allegations of child abuse child endangerment and Theft. He's confused because he doesn't know who called CYFD or made these allegations. So he gets the investigation for the child abuse they look over everything with my four year old and they see what he's fine but then they're starting to question where me and my 16 year old son are at. he refuses to tell them he stands firm and tells them nothing. He texts me and tells me that I donation bin for clothing had a camera and took pictures of me taking donations from the band with my four-year-old in the car. Now that my 4 year olds father is not cooperating the investigation they are putting him in jail for contempt of court I'm taking my car to roll to the state I haven't made time looking for me and my 16 year old. I am out on bond from a previous situation that happened last year late 2017 in the state of Texas. They have not charged me with anything and I do not have an upcoming court dates the state does not know if they're going to press charges on me regarding that situation. Those charges are assault there was a dispute between an old boyfriend of mine and he said that I slapped him in the face. I have never been in trouble before except for that I've never been in trouble or anything really
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 2 months ago

Thanks for the detailed reply. You've got a great deal going on here. What is the question that you wish to ask about this situation?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Ely, Counselor at Law