Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I’ve been recently divorce in a same sex marriage.. my child…

Customer Question
I’ve been recently divorce...

I’ve been recently divorce in a same sex marriage.. my child currently lives with the other parent full time.. what are my right and chance of reversing the custody situation

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I just wanted to get information

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Delaware

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Court can adjust custody into joint or granting to you depending on a showing it’s in child best interests.You should have family law counsel pursue it. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!