Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If the court give sole custody and guardianship to another…

Customer Question
If the court give...

If the court give sole custody and guardianship to another person what are the rights of the biological parents and do they still have their parental rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?

This decision was made by the court.i have sole custody and gaurdianship of my grandson.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Maryland.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes i am preparing my will and my grandson will inherit property and other things and his mom thinks she can get him and his finances if i am deceased.I have had him for 10 years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/19/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

So here all you have to do is a will with a trust in it.The trustee who you name would hold funds in trust until child is say 21 years old.That would protect his assets until he is of age here from parents.

Parents here still have parental rights but they could not access funds , trustee has control.You can name another friend, relative, or lawyer to act as trustee of the funds.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer to write will or you

Lawyer Referral Services

COUNTY NUMBER

Allegany County
(Christina Gonzaga-Hamilton)(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Anne Arundel County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Baltimore City (###) ###-####/p>

Baltimore County (###) ###-####/p>

Calvert County
(Mark Carmean)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Caroline County
(Robert Thornton, Jr)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Carroll County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Cecil County
(Jennifer Hammond)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Charles County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Dorchester County
(Mid-Shore Pro-Bono Referral Service)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Frederick County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Garrett County

Harford County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Howard County(443)(###) ###-####/p>

Kent County

Montgomery County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Prince George’s County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Queen Anne County

Saint Mary's CountyNone, Use Charles or Calvert County

Somerset County
Mid-Shore Pro-Bono Referral Service(Anna M. Rounds)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Talbot County
(Kara Miller)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Washington CountyNone, use Allegany, Frederick, or Baltimore County

Wicomico County
(Ashley Bosche)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Worcester County
(Frank Benvenutu)(410)(###) ###-####/p>