Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is it true that Illinois can't terminate parental rights to…

Customer Question
Is it true that...

Is it true that Illinois can't terminate parental rights to only one child, it has to be all children in the home?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in IL family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

I am not aware of that being the case. Where have you seen that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was told that information by a DCFS worker.

i can find no indication of that in the Illinois statutes. It may be a DCFS policy.

Do you have further questions?

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney