Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We are filing for divorce and have two children and will…

Customer Question
We are filing for...

We are filing for divorce and have two children and will have joint physical custody of the children. The same amount of time will be spent at both residences. However, this is not an option in the physical custody section.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, our plan is to do everything at onlinedivorce.com to avoid lawyers fees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Georgia

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Many jurisdictions have on-line forms available through their family courts, and some offer Self-help centers. My suggestion is to use your court's forms instead. They forms are free and they are updated as the court's forms change.

If you want to send me your city and county in Georgia, I can look to see if that's available in your jurisdiction.

For instance, here is the uncontested divorce packet for the Southern Judicial Circuit.

I'm sorry I can't accommodate a live phone call.

Please let me know if you'd like to continue in this thread or if you'd prefer I return you to the experts page to find an attorney who will take a phone call, okay?

Sue