Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been charged with neglect and my daughter removed. I…

Customer Question
I have been charged...

I have been charged with neglect and my daughter removed. I did not do anything wrong, it was another family member. We have since moved out of state NH and moved to VT and now NH had called VT DCYF stating more neglect, when the person accused has not been in the home. Is this a form of harrasment? What can I do, I feel like I am going to loose my daughter and NH DCYF has been twisting my words.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have a Lawyer and I feel like shes in the states pocket what papers should I file?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Case was charged in NH like I said but now live in VT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am scared, and feel like giving up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name Ian Roger and I’ll be glad to assist.The best thing you can do is completely cooperate with child services as they can make or break you. Their ultimate goal isn’t to reunite the parent/s and child, so working with them is the best course.
Also, it lawyer should amass all proof that whatever occurred was caused by someone else - not you. Obviously, proving your innocence is the main factor in resolving the matter and the alllegations against you.
I have been doing this, but they are twisting my words. Like my daughter had said she wants to recant her statement and DCYF is saying she never said this, and that I am forcing her to say this. This is not the case, she brought it up to me, and now I cant even get phone calls from my daughter.
My lawyer had been trying, but its my word against the DCYF worker, in NH they do not have to provide proof, the Judges are in the states pocket, NH has one of the most corrupt DCYF operations in the country and this has been proved
Your lawyer should file a motion for visitation and fas much contact with your child as possibles.
I have visitaion once a week over two hours away, like I said they just shut off all phone calls now
This is all stuff I knew already and have been done
Your lawyer could seek to resume the phone calls. It is legitimate to argue that keeping you from one another is detrimental and cuts against the goal of the department, which is to reunite the family.
She has, but like I said they are saying that I am forcing my daughter to say things, which I am not and this was the cause of the phone cut off.
Also DCYF keeps interviewing my other children who were not part of the case, and interviewing them in school.
This is happening in VT
IF you believe the local agency is acting inappropriately, you can complain to the state agency and even the attorney generals office. That may be the next step if they are making false accusations and not following their standard peotocol.