Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My 48 year old daughter was thrown out of the house by her…

Customer Question
My 48 year old...

My 48 year old daughter was thrown out of the house by her husband who is living with his parents and their almost four-year-old son in Florida she then wound up in New York with her father and his family lives and is in the psychiatric facility for the last 3 weeks. My son in-law has taken legal action and has blocked us from talking with our grandson or anyone else in his family. My daughter has been shunted from my house to her father's house in New York and now is in psychiatric facility in Long Island she has had no contact with her son 4 about 2 months. I'm looking to find some free legal advice about when she's better and comes back down here to Florida to reclaim her son if there are any papers that have to be filed now

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in FL family court?

No I haven't because we were too busy dealing with all the conflict and helping to get her into a hospital that she refused to do and it's been just a terrible mess I thought there was nothing to be done until she came back here but now I've heard from someone up in New York that we should have filed some papers although I don't know what we would I would have filed for her

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No as I said I have not also she has no money to hire a regular family lawyer and I'm seeking your advice to find out where to go next

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No can I talk to that person on the phone?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
My daughter spend 7 weeks living with me here where we try to get her help but to no avail if the cooling the mobile crisis unit and having to Baker acts we got nowhere finally she went up to New York to be with her father and his family and after after about three months of her living with him he finally had to call the police and have her brought to the hospital where she is in now on Long Island she's now there for 3 weeks and it's trying out different medications. But my biggest concern of course is whether she will be able to get her son back when she's well or at least share in some sort of custody with him. He drove her 2 having a breakdown by moving here after he lost his job and being without a job for almost 3 years moving her and her son into a very small apartment owned by his parents where there was no privacy and promising that they would be out within a year two and a half years later he was still not willing to leave his parents house. No matter how she begged him that she wanted privacy and that it was not good for Jacob to sleep in the kitchen Alcove he was not willing to do anything because he had started a new career as a real estate agent with no salary no health insurance and insisted she go back to her what she did for 10 months and then made a stand that you wanted to move out of there with the baby and him but she refused again he is going to be 48 years old and at this stage of his life he decided to take a Commission job which allows them no income other than what my daughter was making. Came August of this past year 2017 she was having a breakdown and left a job and kept spiraling down without any hope from her husband who was unwilling to work a second job when he could have steady income and support his wife and his child
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

From what I can see, you would like a phone call, correct? Based on the details and length of your post, I think a phone call would be appropriate. When the system asks, please be sure to accept so you and I can speak immediately.