Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help because I made a report to the police, stating…

Good morning. I need...

Good morning. I need help because I made a report to the police, stating that my child told me that he was inappropriately touched. However, my son later explained the situation and what he meant. I was actually there at the time and recalled what he was referring to. He is 4 years old. The CPS is involved. I need help now because I almost got an innocent person in trouble. I need assistance to see how to proceed in this matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I called 911. But I told the cops that I wanted to wait to get more information because when I asked my son where he was touched he changed from home to school, day to night, he said someone at school, someone at home. They still forced me into reporting it and filling out a statement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

CPS also came to the home I thought it was mandatory to let them in and give a statement now i am not sure.

3/18/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Child mistake should be disclosed. It was unintentional and there should be no adverse effect. You may consider doing so through counsel.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Good morning,
So I should get a lawyer to assist me in this matter? What should I do in the meantime if CPS comes to my house?
Have the lawyer explain it to them. It should be closed. Such mistakes happen when children are involved.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Acceptable. Thank you.
Thanks! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer