Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was sued by my niece on Jan 5, 2017. She gave a statement…

Customer Question
I was sued by...

I was sued by my niece on Jan 5, 2017. She gave a statement under oath to a judge about me which was lies. I have a temporary restraining order against me stating I cannot see nor talk to my son. I cannot get a court date set so I can defend myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, three hearings we're set. I drove 4 to 5 hours each time to court. The hearing was always postponed. The attorney for my niece said for me to wait to hear from him for a hearing date.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I provided proof showing my innocence in the charges against me to my nieces attorney. The first time I went to court I told the judge I was innocent. He would not take my documentation. I have managing conservatorship granted to me by the State of Texas. This case should be heard in Bandera County because that is the county that gave me custody. I am having to go to a different county which is Stephens county. The case is complicated but I believe if I had a hearing it would be settled that day. I have done nothing wrong.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you asking how to best get a court date?
Ely, Counselor at Law