Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have full custody of my daughters the father signed the…

I have full custody...

I have full custody of my daughters the father signed the paper when they were born denying a dna test stating in doing so I had full legal custody we are in court because he filed for joint custody and hasn’t been granted anything yet....well I was picking my daughter up from school and she wasn’t there the office told me they released her to her fathers gf

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Indiana family court?

The girlfriend refused to give me my daughter back and then the father also refused to give her back o have called the police, my lawyer, and Cps

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

My lawyer says it is illegal but can’t help me right now and it’s Saturday and they’ve had my daughter since Friday at 2:30 pm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The father had no custody rights and isn’t even a legal guardian neither him nor his girlfriend were on the list to pick up my daughter from school and the school allowed it to happen without asking me at all

3/17/2018
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

Ok. Sorry for your troubles. Lots of issues here.

What is CPS doing?

What are the police doing?

Nothing and nothing
My lawyer has also done nothing
I know it is a weekend but I know the laws and my rights this is not ok and they shouldn’t be able to withhold my daughter from me I have full parental rights and custody and guardianship
He refuses to pay child support for them so I told him he will not be seeing them until he does like we agreed and he has been leaving my daughters home alone with an 11 year old boy (his girlfriends son) while him and his girlfriend go places
he didn’t like the fact I told him no and he sent his girlfriend to kidnap my child from school at 2:30 which is taking her out 30 minutes early just to make sure she got her before me because she knows she’s not allowed to and she’s not even their mother or step mom at all I want the school in trouble for this as well

Frankly, there is nothing your lawyer can do until Monday.

Monday an emergency motion should be filed in the pending custody matter. It should ask for the Judge to issue an Order to the father for the child to be returned or the father may face being held in contempt.

The school may indeed face liability.But i would concentrate on getting your child safe for now.

I can’t get my daughter back until Monday
he’s going to get away with this?
Him and the girlfriend
The girlfriend had no right at all
The father has already been in contempt
My daughter will be returned by Monday. Because they have to take her to school and the school now knows not to release her anymore but that’s not good enough him and Her did something that was illegal and they weren’t allowed to do and they just get off Scott free for doing it?!

If the police won't help you, I see no way you can do anything. Even it can reasonable be considered kidnapping by the girlfriend, the police usually look at these situations and say "It's a civil or Family court matter".

But I truly believe that the Judge currently handling the custody case will be incensed and take action.

What is take action? Just making sure it won’t happen again?
Their father has done nothing but brain wash them and fill their heads with lies about me to get them to want to live with him him and his girlfriend tell my daughters that they are a better home for them because they will have a mommy and daddy and mommy is single to where my kids come home saying they don’t love me or want to live with me and when I ask them why they tell me that’s what they tell them

That is up to the Judge. If it is correct that the father has no visitation or custody rights at this point the Judge may sanction him for what he did.

Even if he doesn't this behavior will go a long way in helping the Judge make the final Custody decision. This stunt is likely to backfire on the Dad by negatively effecting his case for custody.

That is child abuse according to Cps laws and Cps hasn’t done anything about it....it’s slandering my name to my children

ALL of this needs to be brought to the attention of the current Judge.

Okay
My lawyer knows about it but we are only in a mediation through court right now
The Dad is trying to get me to sign a written agreement for custody and I won’t do it and he only wants split custody so he doesn’t have to pay child support he said if he pays child support for our girls he won’t be able to afford his girlfriend and her kids but that’s not my problem

Well then the mediator needs to hear all of this. Do oyu have copies if your complaint o the police? Do you have statement from the school as to what happened?

DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING. Not after this stunt. Let this work against him.

The police didn’t even file a report
I can get statement from the school

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Thank you!

Good luck.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney