Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If my child is being held at a home illegally from me. If my…

Customer Question
If my child is...

If my child is being held at a home illegally from me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

If my child is being held in a home illegally from me by his mother and i feel he is in danger can i go take him from the home

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No lawyers or family court have been contacted

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/17/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

You should not go by yourself if you feel the child is in danger. You cannot act like a Judge on your own!

You should contact the police or Child Protective Services, or both. Explain why you think the child is in danger. If your assertions are reasonably thought to be true, CPS will act. If you can prove that you will be safe for the child, you are likely to be the first one considered for placement.

If CPS does not act, you should go to Family Court to seek visitation or custody.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.