How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bruce Schreiber Your Own Question
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1771
Experience:  Attorney At Law at SELF
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bruce Schreiber is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my child is being held at a home illegally from me. If my

Customer Question

If my child is being held at a home illegally from me
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: If my child is being held in a home illegally from me by his mother and i feel he is in danger can i go take him from the home
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No lawyers or family court have been contacted
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bruce Schreiber replied 8 months ago.

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

You should not go by yourself if you feel the child is in danger. You cannot act like a Judge on your own!

You should contact the police or Child Protective Services, or both. Explain why you think the child is in danger. If your assertions are reasonably thought to be true, CPS will act. If you can prove that you will be safe for the child, you are likely to be the first one considered for placement.

Expert:  Bruce Schreiber replied 8 months ago.

If CPS does not act, you should go to Family Court to seek visitation or custody.

Expert:  Bruce Schreiber replied 8 months ago.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.