Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

This is a question pertaining to a divorce matter. As part…

Customer Question
Hi, This is a question pertaining...
This is a question pertaining to a divorce matter. As part of my divorce proceedings, my soon to be ex, has been ordered to produce discovery documents regarding his finances, received an extension that expired Jan. 16, 2018 and has not produced them. He had claimed poverty and pays $241 a month child support for 3 children. He is represented by counsel and I am pro se. The judge has ordered that I produce my loan mortgage application after selling our previous home and using those proceeds. I feel that my almost ex is trying to gain authority over my personal and financial affairs again. This was an ongoing issue linked to the domestic abuse that warranted a restraining order.
My question: Should I rescind my child support request and say to the judge my privacy and future life is more important than the child support and how would I legally have the order dismissed. I did produce a closing disclosure and current tax returns.Many thanks, Victoria
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: Cheryl Powell,
 replied 1 month ago
Cheryl Powell

What state do you reside?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In Hawaii
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, I have a hearing in an hour, can you help with the question? Many thanks!
Family Lawyer: Cheryl Powell,
 replied 1 month ago

I would express your concerns to the judge and let him know how you feel. I would also bring the documents so you are complying with the judge's request.

Family Lawyer: Cheryl Powell,
 replied 1 month ago

In Texas, child support is a given unless both parents agree to no child support. If you want to dismiss the current case, you will non suit the matter.

Family Lawyer: Cheryl Powell,
 replied 1 month ago

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell