Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ive been trying to get divorced for about five years. My…

Hello, ive been trying...

Hello, ive been trying to get divorced for about five years. My soon to be ex is. Now living with a woman and lives 5 min from our home. Has not seen our son in 2 1/2 years. He is over 100k in the tears. . The judge asked me if I wanted him to go to jail, I said no. He paid me a sum of money, but is still 100k in the tears. Now his girlfriend has been texting me at night pretending to be him. Recently she called my son’s phone st school, he thought it was his dad, so he answered. He had pink eye and callled his dad to call in drops. Of course, she responded as him, told him to take a pic of his eye next to a computer to show time and date. My son got in trouble. In court he gave us this number, then exchanged phones with her. Now he’s talking about selling our house or I have to buy him out. He abandoned us, due to his mother offering him 3 million dollars. He took the money and left me with a seven year old and 300.00 in the bank. He makes over 590k a year. No child or spousal for 3 years. Can he make me sell our house, it’s all we have?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes temporary orders were put in place, he was in contempt of court on everything as far as spousal, child support, not seeing his son at all and gave the bank our second house without my signature. We are going to trial on Tuesday. Due to the fact that our house burned down, they accidentally sent the check to him. He forged my name and spent the insurance money. 10 k

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if he can push me to sell the house or buy him out. We lost a lot of equity on the other house. His parents occupied that house. He left them homeless. Now he wants to sell this one after I over saw construction for over a year.

3/17/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

NO, your husband cannot force you to sell the home - and he can't sell the home without your signing off on it. And if he somehow manages to forge your signature you can have him arrested and criminally charged - as well as ask the court to pay you the proceeds of the sale (as well as the other proceeds you may be entitled to that he seems to have swindled you out of - like the insurance on the house that burned). Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating! And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800
or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.