Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a signed California order for past due child support
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I have a signed California order for past due child support for $198K and ongoing child support of $8700. He continues to pay old minute order, $2000 and not new level of support. He is self employed … read more
I am trying to find out how to collect arrears child support
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I am trying to find out how to collect arrears child support my ex husband owes me. My daughter is 23, but he still owes me about $12000 in back child support in Nassau County, NY. I currently live in… read more
I owe 7000 dollars in back child support I've just been having
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
I owe 7000 dollars in back child support I've just been having them take it from my taxes every year hoping to catch up but I've been packing all late fees my husband is from Brazil and I need to visi… read more
My license has been revoked child support. What do
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
My license has been revoked for back child support. What do I file to get my license back to drive to work.… read more
I have a child support order which I am behind on. At present
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I have a child support order which I am behind on. At present it is just between me and the other parent (no local child support agency involved or wage garnishment). If we leave the current order unt… read more
My initial California Child Support Order began in 1994. I
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Private practice attorney
My initial California Child Support Order began in 1994. I paid until it became necessary for me move to another state to obtain employment that would allow me to continue to meet my monthly support o… read more
I pay child support to my ex-husband. Decree states "The child
Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney-at-Law
I pay child support to my ex-husband. Decree states "The child support amount of $X is based upon Petitioner, paying $X per month in child care. If there are instances where child care exceeds $X per … read more
My wifes ex husband is currently in prison for medicare fraud
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
My wife's ex husband is currently in prison for medicare fraud in Brooklyn,NY. When he was arrested he stopped paying 2K/month in child support, and ceased payments on my wife's distributive award, an… read more
My brother went to Child Support Court in New Hampshire and
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
My brother went to Child Support Court in New Hampshire and Judge order for him to pay an additional about ($90 approx) because he was in arranges because he lost his job in November and was able to g… read more
My ex-husband is paying child support now but still has an
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Doctoral Degree
My ex-husband is paying child support now but still has an arrearage of $22,000 and $11,000 of interest from a child support judgment. He wants to settle the arrearage amount by paying $10,000. I dont… read more
how can they just freeze my assets without letting me know
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
how can they just freeze my assets without letting me know when im paying and how do i get them out of my account… read more
I currently have a child support court order to pay $250 per
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Doctoral Degree
I currently have a child support court order to pay $250 per month from Suffolk County Family court , Central Islip, NY 11722, since about 1995. The child is 18 , she no longer resides with the mother… read more
How do I collect on New York State child support judgments through the debtors disability
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
How do I collect on New York State child support judgments through the debtors disability benefit monthly checks?… read more
MY SONS FATHER WAS ORDERED TO PAY BACK CHILD SUPPORT 22,000
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
MY SON'S FATHER WAS ORDERED TO PAY BACK CHILD SUPPORT 22,000 AT THE AMOUNT OF 23.50 DOLLARS EVERY TWO WEEKS, BECAUSE I ALLOW HIM TO KEEP HIM THIS YEAR DUE TO PROBLEMS IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, AND NOW HE … read more
Is the interest on child support arrears dischargeable at any
InformationForYou
InformationForYou, JD (law degree)
Is the interest on child support arrears dischargeable at any point in time. I owe $18,000 in arrears. The case has been closed for almost eight years. The interest on the arrears is just over $50,000… read more
My husbands ex-wife just got a judge to order garnishment of
P. Simmons, Lawyer
My husbands ex-wife just got a judge to order garnishment of wages when he's never been late in his $3,200/mo maintenance payment. Can they do that? We were in the midst of setting up auto-payments wi… read more
Im being harassed by a NJ agency that collects child support
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Owner of my own law firm
I'm being harassed by a NJ agency that collects child support under the assumption that i'm not complying with my obligations. This is the second time that this is happening, under the same circumstan… read more
Is there a way to get a one time child support arrears forgiveness.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Is there a way to get a one time child support arrears forgiveness. I pay child support every week plus money toward arrears. I can't catch up. I make minimum wage and would like to apply for a loan t… read more