Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

This is about 2 minor children. The father of the 2 girls…

Customer Question
Hi. This is about...

Hi. This is about 2 minor children. The father of the 2 girls recently found out that I got them phones for Christmas so they could have contact with their mother who is currently incarcerated and gave me permission to do so. Their father is threatening me with arrest because I am currently on probation. Did I break any laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I was convicted for DWI. I never appealed because I am still free as long as I abide by the laws in Texas. I never broke any did I?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this yet?

No. But is it against the law?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unless there was a court order stating that the children could not contact their mother and you provided phones for them to do so contrary to a court order, you did nothing wrong. It is ultimately up to the father who has custody rights to decide finally whether or not they can contact their mother absent a court order.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer