Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Divorce, I have filed all the FL forms, FL-100, FL-150,

FL-160, FL-170, FL-165, my ex...
Divorce, I have filed all the FL forms, FL-100, FL-150, FL-160, FL-170, FL-165, my ex has not replied to any, then I receive notice of unfiled 3226 court date in true default, property division, what does the court want in this appearance I am to make on this upcoming date?? the form they did not take was FL-180 and FL-190, what else are they asking for?? for I am lost. HELP!!!
3/17/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you Ray

Fill Out Your Final Forms

Either the petitioner or the respondent must turn in these final forms to the court asking for a judgment of divorce or legal separation. You must also include the other orders you want the court to make about property and debt, spousal or partner support, and, if you have children with your spouse or domestic partner, about custody, visitation, and child support.

1. Fill out your court forms
    Fill out these forms:

• Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers (Form FL-130). If the Respondent did not file a Response or other first apperance fee yet, he or she may have to pay a filing fee unless he or she is curently on active duty in the military. If the respondent cannot afford the filing fee, he or she can ask for a fee waiver;
    • Declaration for Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation (Form FL-170);
    • Judgment (Form FL-180);
    • Notice of Entry of Judgment (Form FL-190);
    • The written, notarized agreement or “stipulated judgment” between the spouses or domestic partners, and attach this to the Judgment; and
    • The final Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (Form FL-141). Or if you agree to waive (skip) the final declaration of disclosure, a Stipulation and Waiver of Final Declaration of Disclosure (Form FL-144). Follow the instructions below for completing a final declaration of disclosure. You can also get a court order waiving receipt of the other party’s final declaration of disclosure.

2. If you are asking for custody orders, you can fill out any of the forms that may apply to your case
    Fill out the forms that apply, if any, and attach to your Judgment (Form FL-180):
    • Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Order Attachment (Form FL-341);
    • Supervised Visitation Order (Form FL-341(A));
    • Child Abduction Prevention Order Attachment (Form FL-341(B));
    • Children’s Holiday Schedule Attachment (Form FL-341(C));
    • Additional Provisions — Physical Custody Attachment (Form FL-341(D); or
    • Joint Legal Custody Attachment (Form FL-341(E)).

3. If you are asking for child support, fill out the applicable forms
    • Child Support Information and Order Attachment (Form FL-342);
    • Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150) or a Financial Statement (Simplified) (Form FL-155);
    • Child Support Case Registry Form (Form FL-191);
    • Notice of Rights and Responsibilities — Health-Care Costs and Reimbursement Procedures and Information Sheet on Changing a Child Support Order (Form FL-192) (there is nothing to fill out with this form, but read it carefully);
    • Income Withholding for Support (Form FL-195) (if you want your spouse’s or domestic partner’s wages garnished for child support). You can use the Income Withholding for Support - Instructions (Form FL-196). When filling out Form FL-195, make sure to only write the last 4 digits of the social security number of the person ordered to pay support – the law requires it to protect their privacy.

Child support can become complicated. Talk to the family law facilitator in your court for help with these forms and any questions you may have.

4. If you are asking for spousal or partner support, fill out the applicable forms
    • Spousal, Partner, or Family Support Order Attachment (Form FL-343);
    • Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150);
    • Earnings Assignment Order for Spousal or Partner Support (Form FL-435) (only if you are NOT also asking for child support). If you are asking for child support, you can include the spousal or partner support information for wage garnishments in Form FL-195. When filling out Form FL-435 or FL-195, make sure to only write the last 4 digits of the social security number of the person ordered to pay support – the law requires it to protect their privacy.

Spousal or partner support can become complicated. Talk to the family law facilitator in your court for help with these forms and any questions you may have.

5. If you are asking for an order dividing your community property and debt, fill out the applicable forms
    • Property Order Attachment to Judgment (Form FL-345);
    • Property Declaration (Form FL-160);
    • Pension Benefits — Attachment to Judgment (Form FL-348) (if you or your spouse or domestic partner has a pension plan). And read Retirement Plan Joinder — Information Sheet (Form FL-318-INFO) to find out if you need to join the pension plan to your divorce case and how to do that. Read the section on Property and Debt for more information on pension plans.

Property issues are usually complicated. Talk to a lawyer for help with these forms and any questions you may have. If the family law facilitator in your court helps with property issues in divorce cases, you can also talk to them. You can also get more information by reading the section on Property and Debt.

6. Fill out local forms, if required
    Some courts ask you to fill out local forms. Contact your court clerk’s office, check your court’s website, or talk to your family law facilitator or self-help center to ask about your court’s local forms for uncontested cases.

7. Have your forms reviewed
    Ask your court’s family law facilitator or self-help center to review your paperwork. They can make sure you filled it out properly before you move ahead with your case.
  1. Make at least 2 copies of all your forms
    Make sure you include all the attachments and, if any are double-sided, that you photocopy both sides. One copy will be for you; another copy will be for your spouse or domestic partner. The original is for the court.

2. Turn in all your forms to the court clerk, with 2 large envelopes (with postage)
    Turn in your forms to the court clerk. The clerk will process your paperwork and give it to a judge to review.

• If all of the judgment documents are completed correctly, the judge will sign the Judgment without either spouse or domestic partner having to appear in court.
    • If there is a problem with the documents, a court appearance may be necessary. Or you may just need to fix a mistake on your paperwork.

3. You receive your final judgment
    A court clerk will mail the Judgment and Notice of Entry of Judgment to each spouse or domestic partner, with the date that the judgment was filed stamped in the upper right corner.

• Keep a copy of these forms in a safe place. You may need them in the future.

Step by step for you here,thanks again.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Let me know if you have more.

If you can positive rate5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it states on county case actions"F/L DEFAULT/UNCONTESTED HEARING RE:PROPERTY DIVISION AND PAYMENT" Do I just show up or what???? Scheduled as a default hearing. I have given court the FL-170, FL-165 etc but they would not take my FL-180 & 190 forms why??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
or do I just get all the packet together again and re-file them all again??

Yes you need to appear there at that time, go early..take forms with you the FL-180 and 190,thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have to refile the 170 & 165 etc all the other forms the court has stamped already again?? Do I have to mail these to court before court for judge to review before my court date of 3/26??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry for I am lost, it was an unfiled 3226 cas no a f/l default uncontested hearing: re property division case and are they the same?/

No you don't need to refile them.Take the other two above here.I would make extra copies just in case but I don't think they 170 and 165 will be needed already in file.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i understood unfiled 3226 case now it states a F/L UNCONTESTED HEARING RE: PROPERTY DIVISION CARE" are they the same thing??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
stike care sorry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
strike

Well it will be a default hearing, court likely awards you what you ask for as far as assets or debts.

And they are the same thing.Thanks again and thanks for rating.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am so sick putting in form after form, I could kiss you right now if all the court needs is my FL-180 and FL-190 forms, thank you Ray, I'll go into court as such and see what happens, all the Judge can do is say "please bring in FL form # so and so" I hope, I'm afraid if I don't do something right I'd have start over and it's a lot of paperwork and forms for me....thanks again and wish me luck!!
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer