Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My Grandchildren have been placed with a family while their…

Customer Question
My Grandchildren have been...

My Grandchildren have been placed with a foster family while their parents go through rehab. There is a court order that they see their kids once a week. Has not happened, Also cps allowed the foster family to move my Grandchildren from Kitsap county to a county several hundred miles away, Legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes, visitation in Kitsap county but they are now countys away,

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Grandparents are allow to see them and talk to them on the phone . One phone call three visits since June. Parents in rehab doing wonderful but what to see their babys or atleast have Grandparents see them so they know they are doing okay. Would help with the anxiety as they try and recover

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/17/2018
Family Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

It seems very odd that CPS would allow the children to move 100 miles away from the Parents and Grandparents. Has anyone talked to CPS about this and showed them the court order? What does CPS say about it?