Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What can someone do if they gave up their parental rights…

What can someone do if...
What can someone do if they gave up their parental rights due to a dcf case? can they ever get them back?
3/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to say that if DCF was involved and the person lost their parental rights the only way to regain them was to appeal the decision within 30 days of the determination by the court. If you did not appeal, I am afraid that you cannot get them back.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.