Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a couple who have children together but were not married…

Customer Question
If a couple who...

If a couple who have children together but were not married split up and have a joint account to send money for child support, does that count or act as a receipt that the father has been providing support?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

None yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was money given by way of money order but was using the bank because it was easier,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/17/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

if a couple who have children together but were not married split up and have a joint account to send money for child support, does that count or act as a receipt that the father has been providing support?

Response: The answer is yes. However, you need make sure that you have evidence of the deposits such as the Money Orders being sent to the other parent or electronic transfers being made from your account to the joint account. You would need these supporting proofs to defend the claim that you have not been providing support for the child.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.