Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
My husband and I are filing for an uncontested divorce in
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
My husband and I are filing for an uncontested divorce in Colorado. We are about done with all the paperwork and are working on the Sworn Financial Statements (SFS) for each of us. We still live toget… read more
Do I need to file any motion or notice in Colorado before
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hello again. Do I need to file any motion or notice in Colorado before filing a pretrial statement? Or is that the stepping off point?… read more
I'm filing a post-judgment motion to enforce tomorrow and I
Sean K
Sean K, Attorney/Member
Hi I'm filing a post-judgment motion to enforce tomorrow and I just want to make sure that I don't leave anything out … read more
I am representing myself in a post-decree Motion Hearing. My
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Hello. I am representing myself in a post-decree Motion Hearing. My ex-husband is attempting to lower the maintenance I was awarded in 2016. His attorney filed a Motion to Modify Maintenance. My quest… read more
My ex owns a drain cleaning business in this state. I know
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
My ex owns a drain cleaning business in this state. I know that he also performed plumbing for clients withou a master plumbers lisence. … read more
I filed 2 weeks ago(Colorado.) On July 1 we have our initial
FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Appellate attorney & former trial lawyer
I filed for divorce 2 weeks ago(Colorado.) On July 1 we have our initial case management meeting with a court appointed person. What do I need to do or file before this meeting? Neither myself nor my … read more
My ex wife is trying to get child support from me with her
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
My ex wife is trying to get child support from me with her attorney in Colorado, so my question is this, I submitted my sworn financial statement as required and all the supported documentation, then … read more
Divorce in Colorado - my husband and I are getting an
Sam, Attorney
Divorce in Colorado - my husband and I are getting an agreed/uncontested divorce (actually legal separation) in Colorado. I have researched the forms and procedure so I am pretty clear what needs to b… read more
Thanks for your help...I have a few general questions. My
Ely, Counselor at Law
Thanks for your help...I have a few general questions. My divorce is happening in the state of Colorado; and I see there are several forms required. Here are my questions: 1. We have an uncontested di… read more
Ive co-filed for divorce with spouse in Colorado. Weve discussed
Sam, Attorney
I've co-filed for divorce with spouse in Colorado. We've discussed ending marriage since early February. In exchanging financial papers yesterday, I learned spouse had cashed out his retirement a mont… read more
My spouse and I agree to keep our finances separate and are
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
My spouse and I agree to keep our finances separate and are not asking for spousal/child support. Do we need to still complete the financial statement since this will not apply to us? Also, both parti… read more
Hi! I am a resident of El Paso County Colorado. My husband
Ellen, Attorney
Hi! I am a resident of El Paso County Colorado. My husband filed for divorce and we have an "initial status conference" on Tuesday Jan, 21st. I am not sure what to expect at this conference and want t… read more
California. A Mandatory Settlement Conference was set by the
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
California. A Mandatory Settlement Conference was set by the court. What should I do now? How do I request for a Meet and Confer? What statement needs to be filed? What's the time line? Is there any s… read more
Back again. If I find that a statement in a sworn affidavit
Floridalegalanswer
Floridalegalanswer, Attorney
Back again. If I find that a statement in a sworn affidavit is false does that make the entire affidavit false? I read that somewhere in either the Florida Statutes or the Rules but can't find it agai… read more
I am filling out a JDF 1111 Sworn Financial Statement and need
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
I am filling out a JDF 1111 Sworn Financial Statement and need some assistance ont eh proper answers and amounts on some of the sections. For example, do I include current legal fees form the divorce … read more
I am involved in a fairly non-complicated dissolution case
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
I am involved in a fairly non-complicated dissolution case as a Pro Se petitioner in Colorado. My wife and I filed as Petitioner and Co-petitioner. No children are involved and assets are very minimal… read more
What do I need to file to get my ongoing divorce case in Huron
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
What do I need to file to get my ongoing divorce case in Huron County, Ohio, transferred from the magistrate to the judge? This magistrate has made it clear at every hearing (I'm pro se) that he doesn… read more
My husband I and have completed and filed all the documents
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
My husband I and have completed and filed all the documents for an uncontested divorce, including a mutally agreed on Separation of Agreement and an affidavit for decree without appearance. Because of… read more