Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in Livingston County Il. I have recently been forced…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** in Livingston County Il. I have recently been forced to have to call the police several times on my son and his wife......they are both Bipolar and often out of control. One day not long ago they were in my home and had a physical altercation, which I had to break up......still the wife kept on with it until I had my fill and told her to be still or I would slap her face. Which I did not do......however they destroyed property in my home and were told to leave with haste. Since then they started calling me day and night demanding that I apologize to the wife and him for MY behavior. We have never gotten along.....my son constantly places me between them instead of handling life himself. He is violent physically frequently with her and they both expect me to referee or fix.. then when I offer my opinion.......I am offensive .....they say.......I am just plaini spoken and don't mince words. My son recently called several times and threatened t

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Police told me to geet a no contact order but states att said no....had to have OP

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have PTSD and cannot be subjected to stressful relationships I just want quiet peaceful life.....don't know if I did right thing with OP just wanted no contact me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/16/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this matter?