Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a guardianship petition has been filed but a hearing has…

If a guardianship petition...

If a guardianship petition has been filed but a hearing has not yet occurred does a parent need to file anything to withdraw his or her signature

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the parent taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

The aunt filed a GC-211 in probate court signed by the mother and father, mother deceased but father wants to keep custody.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

CA

3/17/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

In a probate guardianship case, an aunt filed a petition for guardianship of her minor nephew, with the consent of both parents of the minor. The monther of the minor passed away after the petition was signed. The Father no longer wishes to move forward with this petition he is alive and well and would like to keep custody of his child. The aunt has not yet been awarded custody. There is a hearing coming up to appoint her as the Minors guardian. Since no proceedings have yet been made, what must the father do to request that the court not move forward with appointing the aunt as the guardian? The case is in Los Angeles,California. Stanley Mosk court.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Question:

Response: The father must file Motion to Withdraw Consent to the Guardianship and state his reasons for the Motion. You can obtain blank Motion form at the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you I appreciate your help and am happy to give you a five star rating.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.

Best wishes,