Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Should interogatories be exchanged prior to mediation; if…

Should interogatories be...

Should interogatories be exchanged prior to mediation; if one side did and the other did not, is that advisable?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes,

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Nj

3/16/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Mediation often makes sense after discovery is over, as both sides have the evidence and can evaluate the facts. That said, doing so before mediation has benefits too - avoiding disclosing some facts, saving time and fees. I would prefer to do it after discovery is over.

If my reply is fast and acceptable, kindly reply "acceptable"

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just to confirm, all interrogatories should be complete prior to mediation. They are pushing for mediation because we have an ESP date coming up and they want mediation before that. I am seeking 50/50 custody and being named parent of primary which I am sure will result in a custody trial.

I would finish them first which would render mediation more productive with all the factual cards on the table.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you.

very welcome. Kindly click on the 5 star rating button.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer