Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am on online divorce it is asking me about tax information…

I am on online...

I am on online divorce it is asking me about tax information from myself and my ex husbands I don't have any of his information when they serve him these papers can't he get the information together himself and I am just confused it is asking me for monthly F.I.C.A I pay to F.I.C.A. SS and F.I.C.A MED here in Houston Tx so do I add both and put it. Also when it comes to the classes there is no way to reconcile this marriage so why should we be forced to go to parenting course and family stabilization course. Please I need help

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in TX family court?

Im going through online divorce the site connected me to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I cannot afford A LAWYER that is why I'm am going through this online site

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I hope they can help me

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I am a Texas lawyer can we chat here,thanks

Here is the financial information form the courts require.You fill in your part and anything you have about other party.

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Common/Forms/pdf/CIVFC11_Financial_Information_Form_for_Family_Courts.pdf

I pay to F.I.C.A. SS and F.I.C.A MED here in Houston Tx so do I add both and put it.

Yes you would do so here.Let me know if you have more.

The second bit of helpful information you should know about divorce in Harris County, Texas is that if you and your spouse have children born during the marriage, you may need to complete a Parent Education Program. Harris County local rules and many of the Harris County courts’ scheduling orders require that in divorces involving children, the parents need to complete and file the certificate of completion with the court prior to trial. For a list of Parent Education programs offered in the Houston, Texas area, please visit www.busby-lee.com and click on the “link” button to view the list of some providers. If you show up on trial date and ask for a continuance or announce ready for trial, some judges may dismiss your case if neither of the parties have taken the parenting class. On occasion, some judges in Harris County, Texas are likely to dismiss your divorce case even if you announce an agreement, if one party has not taken the required parenting class. One thing for sure is that a parenting class can never do any harm to your case.

Another issue you should know about getting a divorce in Harris County, Texas is that if child custody is an issue at a Temporary Orders Hearing, most courts will require that the parties attend mediation prior to having the hearing. Many courts will also require the appointment of an ad litem or amicus attorney to represent the best interest of the children if custody is an issue. These attorneys who are sometimes appointed to represent the best interest of the children become very helpful in settling a hotly contested custody case. The parties are responsible for the payment of the attorney fees for the appointed attorney.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated,let me know if you have more here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Our custody is already established we have joint custody we have a court order. And we do not want mediation we know we want to get divorced and Im going through onlinedivorce.com they sent me to you and I don't feel like I'm getting my questions answered
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Why am I being charged twice I didn't even rate this crap 5 stars didn;t get my questions answered!