Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to complete the financial statement of my weekly…

Customer Question
Hi, I am...

Hi, I am trying to complete the financial statement of my weekly income, expense...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

On the financial statement form, line 7, it asks for the prior yearly gross income (attach W2 and 1099 form),

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in MA. however, cashed out a retirement from previous employment of 9k so no more balance from that acct and I have a W2 for that 9k payment I received last year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My W2 from my regular job is 69k, and there is another w2 of 9k. what should I do on this line 7

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/16/2018
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

After reviewing the forms you should attach any and all W2's and 1099's that you received from the prior year (2017). So attach both W2's for the cashed out retirement account and for your job. The dollar amount you list on line 7 would be the total income from both of those W2's combined.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so is the only way experts are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

Hi, thanks for yoir response. It's my fault, I missed read it, the 9k from previous employment that was paid out last year is not W2, it's 1099, so I only have one W2 from my regular job for 69k, so on line 7, should I still add both incomes together (one from W2 and one from 1099) ?
Thanks,
Tim
because it asked for all income and that includes income reported on 1099
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.