Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How can I obtain information about relocation with child?

Customer Question
How can I obtain...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

There is currently no parenting plan filed. I'm asking permission to relocate due to Domestic violence, abandonment and neglect by non custodial parent who is the father.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A protection order was granted for my son and one of the provisions was that he remained in Washington due to it being the jurisdiction and father was also granted supervised visits weekly for 2 hours. This order was signed October 26, 2017 but the father has made no attempt to reconnect with his son or support him financially since then.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/16/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Have you addressed this with the father? I assume if you did, he objected to it?