Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Need help with custody and visitation. Have received papers…

Customer Question
Need help with custody...

Need help with custody and visitation

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, have received papers to go to mediation for child custody and visitation, from babys Mama

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Have been in a relationship with babys Moma up until the birth. I was there for the birth and stayed with her at the hospital and in her parents house until the baby was a week old. Do to everthing that went on as far as babys Moma always telling me I couldn't do anything right I deceided to give her some space for Mother baby bonding until she could get use to being a new Mom. Will not allow me to visit baby except for supervised visitation. No one in my family except for my Mom, Sister and Dad have seen my son. What can I do to visit with him so want to be his Dad without restrictions of when I can just vist him at her house.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/16/2018
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley
You need to file for custody so that you can obtain a court order giving you specific custody time
How do I file for custody? We are supposed to go to mediation but I have not been notified as to when. Don't want to keep waiting to have to see my son?
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 4 months ago

what county in VA?