Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have twins from a woman I lived with for 11 years we have…

Customer Question
I have twins from...

I have twins from a woman I lived with for 11 years we have been separated for 3 years now we both took turns every other week with their care splitting the cost of raising them. There was a falling out with my twins about a year ago to where they don't want to come back to my house. It was my week for watching them and their mother came into my house and started verbally .attacking me how they hate coming to my house so I told them to move out if that was the case( I am quite a bit stricter than their mom) understand I never want to not be with my kids. But since that time 1 of them has been in trouble several times his mom pulled him out of school because he was getting in trouble. the other 1 has missed a considerable amount of school his mom says he's to sick to go to school but so far they have found nothing wrong with him. She has recently started trying to get child support from me.I have no problem paying child support. The problem I have is she has been on Social Security Disability since she was about 28 she's 44 now she get's a check for both of the children plus works part time and get's job attached housing plus does things for cash that she doesn't report. What do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have called to try and get a parenting plan set up waiting for a phone call back

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a court hearing on the child support set for May 1st

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. At the child support hearing you will need to present evidence of your income and expenses, as will she. If you are aware of her hiding income you should present that to the Court.

If there are no current orders for custody or visitation you need to file a petition for that. It will not be done by a simple phone call.

Do you have further questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know it can't be done by a phone call alone the call was to get someone to help fill out paperwork for a parenting plan

Can i help you further?

Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 28 days ago

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney