How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13018
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way to put my husband in jail for groping my

Customer Question

Is there any way to put my husband in jail for groping my daughter since she was 11 years old? She suffers from anxiety, depression so severe that she hears voices. He's essentially ruined her life. I filed a report with the police department. They have not closed the case but don't want to pursue it in court because they don't feel there is enough there with just the lie detector and her word against his word. I have doctors who write in their reports that her issues stem from trauma, the trauma he caused her.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Counsel can also speak to the prosecutor Office to apply pressure to and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!