RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Is there any way to put my husband in jail for groping my

Customer Question

Is there any way to put my husband in jail for groping my daughter since she was 11 years old? She suffers from anxiety, depression so severe that she hears voices. He's essentially ruined her life. I filed a report with the police department. They have not closed the case but don't want to pursue it in court because they don't feel there is enough there with just the lie detector and her word against his word. I have doctors who write in their reports that her issues stem from trauma, the trauma he caused her.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Counsel can also speak to the prosecutor Office to apply pressure to charge.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!