Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How can I remove my marriage information from public. It's…

Customer Question
How can I remove...

How can I remove my marriage information from public

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

It's already filed and I received certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in California but marriage was in Nevada

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/15/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
I'm not aware of any state other than California that offers a private marriage license.

you can call me
I am sorry but I don't want pay again
Please answer on my question

The phone call request comes automatically from the site...I'd be happy to call you - but you'd need to put in the phone call request. And, honestly, there's not much else I would tell you other than the fact that NV does not issue confidential marriage licenses. Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

you think there is no way to remove from public records?

Yes. If you got married in NV then it's a legal/public document in NV even if you live in CA. Please don't shoot the messenger.

As far as I'm aware there is literally only ONE state that offers confidential marriage licenses and that's CA. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

What if I want to keep it confidantial?

Well, it's a public document... it's filed in a public location. I wish I could tell you that there IS a way to make a public document not public.